MATHEMATICS A GOOD BEGINNING IS BACK WITH A REVOLUTIONARY NEW 7th EDITION
Mathematics A Good Beginning (MGB), a best-selling textbook, has been on the market for many years providing exemplary learning materials for thousands of college students. Recently,the authors have become alarmed at the HIGH PRICES students pay for our textbooks while at the same time dismayed by a decline in the quality of services provided by commercial publishers.
To rectify this situation, the authors have acquired all rights to the manuscript and are announcing a contemporary 7th Edition with an abundance of new features making the text a sure winner. The content has been streamlined and serious attention has been given to creating artwork that teaches. To top that off, we have created many free resources that extend the book’s functionality.
- The Common Core State Standards have been carefully explained and integrated.
- CCSS Mathemtical Practices are explained!
- Trajectories with expectations are provided and aligned with children’s activities.
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) is illuminated for each topic using guiding research and field experiences.
- An Instructional Blueprint is devised to help teachers translate the Common Core State Standards, the trajectories, and Pedagogical Content Knowledge into effective activities for children.
- Many resources accompany this book, including study guides and reproducible activity resource sheets.
- Our art work can’t be beat! It teaches as well as decorates. Our current theme for this edition is tessellations and it will introduce you to many interesting characters.